Monday, October 12, 2009

Baked Mini Chicken Meatballs



Here's a recipe that I came up with (combined about 3 different recipes to form my own). This is for Baked Mini Chicken Meatballs. Never have worked with ground chicken before, I didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised!

  • 1 pound ground chicken (Perdue recommended)
  • 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
  • 2 large whole eggs
  • 3 T ketchup
  • 75 grams (3/4 cup) Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated (no green can stuff if you can help it)
  • 1/2 onion, grated
  • 3 cloves, garlic, grated
  • 2T Mrs Dash Onion & Herb
  • 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
  • Ground pepper, to taste
  • Paprika
Directions:
Preheat over to 425

Mix all ingredients except the ground chicken and paprika. Mix well. Place ground chicken in bowl and mix well, but don't over work. Using a 2 teaspoon "cookie" scoop, scoop up mixture, leveling the excess off onto the side of the bowl. Place into hand a gently round out the meatball. Place onto a broiler pan or cookie sheet. If at all possible, refrigerate for a few hours. This step can be skipped if you need to. Sprinkle paprika over the surface of the meatball.

Place pan into oven and bake 10-15 minutes, or until done.

Number of Servings: 45 (1 meatball per serving, I'd say a true serving would be 4 meatballs)

Nutritional info: Calories 29.8, Fat 1.8 g, Cholesterol 20.5 mg, Sodium 42.7 mg, Carbs .8 g, Fiber 0, Protein 2.6 g

Last night I served them in a Pasta Fajolie soup. So yummy. I'll post the recipe for that next, but here's a picture....



I'm also going to try this using ground turkey breast and frozen spinach. I'll let you know how it goes :)

1 comment:

The Four Week Vegan said...

Those sound tasty - the turkey and spinach ones sound even yummier - I love me some spinach.